A Year of Intentions →
Because, let’s be honest, scorpios have no intention of changing.
The best advice I received this year was from Oprah. I found out about the Oprah show in the 4th grade, because what else is there to watch after school (when your family doesn’t have cable?). Many moons over, I’m still a fan and in 2016 I came across one of her most empowering speeches to date. A speech that moved me so much I listened to it for days, every time discovering something new. There’s Oprah, looking fly on the essence stage, of course, she’s quoting Maya Angelou, another womyn who inspires, talking about the power of your intentions, what you believe in, and surrendering to the power that is greater than she will ever know (however you define that).
So, what are my intentions? for 2017, for…my life?
MY INTENTIONS FOR 2017:
- Working with Intention – I’ve dabbled in multiple areas like anthropology, human rights, art, and media. But lately, I’ve been thinking about where I will channel my energy next and it’s towards impactful media. This is where I want to thrive.
- Surrounding Myself with Powerful People- Seriously, I’ve met some badass people this year (mostly mujeres, ya know who you are). I can’t say enough about what it means to have friends that encourage me and whose work and attitude inspire me.
- Loving myself 100% – My early 20’s were super cute in that I never want to relive them again. My late 20’s are about loving me and making no excuses about it. Dasss it. Moving along…
- Being Present for the People I Love – life is short, enough said.
- Honoring my Independence – this means taking responsibility for my actions and doing what I know is right for me.
- Discovering Those Who Came Before Me – I’m learning more about the history of my family’s spirituality and I’m feeling it on every level. I need this energy to empower me.
“I stand and sit at the board as one, but I’m bringing the ten thousand behind me. I not only know who I am, but I also know whose I am.” – O
Here’s O’s video:
So, let’s be here for each other, let's inspire each other in 2017, let’s be badasses, let's love ourselves and the people around us.
We have work to do, mujeres.